Re: Difficulties with elpa repository.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Difficulties with elpa repository.
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:37:39 -0500

> I've found the problem.  (Well, the first problem, anyway.  ;-)

Good, thanks.  And don't come back until it works.

> Maybe some sort of version number in the <pkg>-autoloads.el's might help
> avoid this sort of blunder.

The file is only passed to "load" currently, so having to read it before
before loading the file" was the only assumption made, and now that
we don't even make that assumption, there shouldn't be any reason to
change any remaining assumption.

This said, there are a few things around <foo>-autoloads.el that could
be changed (mostly, I think it should be merged with <foo>-pkg.el, and
renamed so its name is constant rather than depending on <foo>).

        Stefan