Re: Redisplay issue

From: Yuan MEI
Subject: Re: Redisplay issue
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 00:27:13 -0800

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:31:55 -0800
>> From: Yuan MEI <address@hidden>
>>
>>     Sometimes when I switch to another virtual desktop then come back
>> to emacs
>
> What is a "virtual desktop" in this case?

It is FVWM virtual desktop.  I don't know how to put it better.  To
further narrow down the issue: when the GUI frame is hidden behind
another window then exposed, sometimes it exhibits the same symptom.
This redisplay issue only happens in a recent version of emacs.  I
don't recall encountering it for instance half a year ago.

>> the entire frame shows only the background color, no letter
>> or only part of the frame is visible.  This does not happen all the
>> time though.  I just happened to capture a screenshot (attached, I
>> hope the mailing server accepts it.)
>
> The screenshot shows a text-mode Emacs frame, AFAICT.  Does this
> happen only with text-mode frames, or do you see that in GUI frames as
> well?

The screenshot is in fact a GUI frame.  I just configured it to be
minimalistic.  A `default' frame started with emacs -Q has the same
redisplay problem.

Yuan