Re: Redisplay issue

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Redisplay issue
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:44:44 +0200

> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 00:27:13 -0800
> From: Yuan MEI <address@hidden>
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> > The screenshot shows a text-mode Emacs frame, AFAICT.  Does this
> > happen only with text-mode frames, or do you see that in GUI frames as
> > well?
>
> The screenshot is in fact a GUI frame.  I just configured it to be
> minimalistic.  A `default' frame started with emacs -Q has the same
> redisplay problem.

Then please see if the scenario in which this happens causes the
expose events to be delivered to Emacs by X.  If they are, the
function expose_frame should be called, and it should perform the
necessary redisplay.  If these events are not reported, Emacs has no
way of knowing that its frame(s) need to be redrawn.

Thanks.