Re: ChangeLog and the release branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ChangeLog and the release branch
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 14:14:17 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Cc: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,
> address@hidden, Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 12:50:46 +0100
>
> > How do you store the diffs in Git notes?  You can't easily write diffs
> > by hand, so some script is needed to generate them and put them there.
>
> I don't think you would store a diff there but the complete, corrected
> ChangeLog.

That, too, needs some help, no?  It's easy to format ChangeLog entries
when actually editing a ChangeLog file.  It's probably harder to do
that when editing a Git note.

> If someone is volunteering to actually set this up and deal with the
> aftermath of people struggling with 'git notes', then yes.

Could you tell what that "struggling" entails?  I never used Git
notes, so I don't know what difficulties and gotchas this could
present.