Re: Questions about isearch

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Questions about isearch
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 16:29:00 +0000

ä2015-11-28 15:41 GMT+00:00 Artur Malabarba <address@hidden>:
>>> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 10:23:12 +0000
>>> From: Artur Malabarba <address@hidden>
>>> Cc: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>,
>>>       emacs-devel <address@hidden rg>
>>>
>>> Ok. I'm going to work on the char-folding a little bit more today to
>>> implement support for multi-char matches and to combine it with
>>> case-folding. Hopefully that will iron out the final inconsistencies.
>
> I'm running bootstrap now to make sure I didn't break anything. Then I'll
> push.

It is now pushed. I changed quite a bit of the logic, so please do
look out for regressions.

Things we do now:

- 'ä' matches 'ä'
- 'ä' matches 'ä'
- 'a' matches both of them
- 'ff' matches 'ff'
- 'ff' does NOT match 'ff'. This is by choice, because the
decomposition of 'ff' is actually (compat f f). We can change this
choice if desired.
- `case-fold-search' is respected.