Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 75336a2: Merge branch 'feature/standard-test-lo

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 75336a2: Merge branch 'feature/standard-test-location'
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 19:20:14 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:
>>      Merge branch 'feature/standard-test-location'
>>   test/{ => manual}/BidiCharacterTest.txt            |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/biditest.el                      |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/cedet/cedet-utests.el            |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/etags/CTAGS.good                 |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/indent/Makefile                  |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/redisplay-testsuite.el           |    0
>>   test/{ => manual}/rmailmm.el                       |    0
>
> Are all of these really manual?
>
> I can't speak for cedet of etags tests, but the indentation tests can be run
> in an automatic fashion, at least from their directory:
>
> cd test/indent
> make ruby.rb.test
>
> And 'make all' runs all indentation tests, even though it unfortunately stops
> at the first failing one.

Possibly not. I just inverted the logic -- I moved all of the files from
"automated" into top-level, and everything from top-level into "manual".

They are "manual" in that, they are in the manual directory and are not
automatically run from the make file.

In the long term it might be nice to either link these into "make check"
from the test dir, or make them ert driven and move them to the main
directory. I've been working on a new package with some higher-level
predicates which should do most of what the indent tests do, which
should help.

Phil