Re: Lisp watchpoints

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Lisp watchpoints
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 21:04:25 -0500

Here is v2.

On 11/22/15, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> How about allowing special, say, integer values for a watcher, which
> will then cause a call to a C function from a table indexed by the
> watcher value?  Or something else to that effect.

I used this for the ensure redisplay.

> The debug command might be more mnemonic (at least for me ;-) if it
> were called 'debug-watch', or maybe 'debug-set-watchpoint'.  A similar
> command for Edebug would also be nice.

I changed to 'debug-watch'.

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 21:31:53 -0500, I wrote:
> When I figure out how to do plain debug properly

Enlightenment arrived after reading (elisp) "Invoking the Debugger".
Though I'm not entirely if I got the point manipulation in
`debug-setup-buffer' right.

> I'll look at an Edebug version.

Um, actually, I'm not sure how to do the Edebug version at all,
wouldn't it have to magically instrument all the possible functions
that change the variable?