Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 33ec2ff: Add one more mod-test test

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 33ec2ff: Add one more mod-test test
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 11:29:18 -0500

Cc: address@hidden
From: Ken Brown <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:21:39 -0500
Thanks.  In fact, dladdr isn't implemented on Cygwin, so dynlib_addr
always returns false.  I'll update the test.

Thanks.

Should the update be Cygwin-specific?  According to
http://linux.die.net/man/3/dladdr, dladdr is a glibc extension to
POSIX, so there could conceivably be other systems with the same
issue.

Could be, but I don't know which systems might have this problem.  If
you or someone else have access to *BSD or Solaris, please try that
there.  I wouldn't recommend blindly do that everywhere except
GNU/Linux and Windows, because then we could miss some systems where
the functionality is available, but something needs to be done to have
it.  So I think it's best to fail (pun intended) on the safe side.

OK, I've done this. I don't have access to *BSD or Solaris, so someone else will have to make sure that the test passes on those systems.

Ken