Re: announcing GNU ELPA updates [was: [elpa] master 9a3a508: Package tra

From: Rolf Ade
Subject: Re: announcing GNU ELPA updates [was: [elpa] master 9a3a508: Package transcribe added]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:57:52 +0100

> [About address@hidden
>
> Also, I guess that the many messages I get on that list, and
> which are so succinct, are automated (?).  For example:
>
>  Version 20151123 of GNU ELPA package org has just been released.
>  You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
>
>  More at http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org.html
>
> It would be more helpful if a one-line description of what
> the package is/does were included. [...]

As a reader of that list I'd second the plea for including a description
of what the package does. It doesn't have to be the full README (or
similar) - although that would be fine with me - but something, that
allows the reader to decide, if it's worth to him to look further at
other places (or to just install it, to play with it).