Re: Callbacks from modules

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Callbacks from modules
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:03:24 -0500

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:35:40 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

EZ> A module that floods Emacs with events could bring a session to its
EZ> knees. And that's just based on 5-sec thinking; I'm sure there are
EZ> other "interesting" possibilities.

I agree. Callbacks as a whole are not going to play well with the ELisp
ecosystem so I would definitely make them events that can be ignored, as
Ivan also suggested.

EZ> I think we should have some specific design presented, and then
EZ> discuss it.  Perhaps the dangers are not real, or could be kept in
EZ> check.

I would delay this discussion until the current module system is solid
and we've made a release with it. It just doesn't seem essential to the
current release.

Ted