RE: GIT mirror of Lisp dev sources [was: Char-folding: how can we implem

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: RE: GIT mirror of Lisp dev sources [was: Char-folding: how can we implement matching...]
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 00:59:34 +0000

On 2 Dec 2015 12:14 am, "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > any new features should go to the master branch, while bug fixes
> > and refinements should go to the emacs-25 branch (these are later
> > merged onto master too).
>
> It's the "later" that means that master is not necessarily
> up-to-date.  It means that looking to master does not give
> you the latest developments - until sometime "later".

Yes.

The sync to master would normally happen somewhat frequently. Currently it's delayed until we solve a technical issue with the new changelog system.

That said, anyone who follows the development version because they want to help find bugs and issues should probably switch to the emacs-25 branch until release. As that's where we need the most polish now.