Re: Intercepting input in comint

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Intercepting input in comint
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 21:16:10 +0800

You can do this by setting comint-input-sender to a function that can intercept the entered commands.

I'm doing exactly this in gnu-apl-mode: https://github.com/lokedhs/gnu-apl-mode/blob/a4fdcede138a4777b1fa3780574ef931d155f464/gnu-apl-interactive.el#L219

Regards,
Elias

On 1 December 2015 at 21:47, Yuri D'Elia <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

In a comint buffer, I'd like to intercept certain kinds of inputs from
the user.

For certain kinds of patterns, I'd like to side-step comint and call a
function instead (and avoid the command to be sent to the inferior process).

A logical place seems to be comint-input-filter-functions, except I
cannot prevent the command to be sent to the process there.

Do I have to override comint-input-sender?
Any other advice?