Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 c2ba4a2: ; Added documentation for undo-auto

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 c2ba4a2: ; Added documentation for undo-auto functionality.
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:34:54 +0000

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>
>> This commit documents internal functions and variables. IMO, if we think
>> they deserve being documented (and I think I agree), they shouldn't be
>> internal in the first place.
>
> If they're truly internal, I don't think they should be documented in
> elisp.texi. Sufficient documentation is provided for such functions via the
> docstring.
>
> If one feels they do belong in elisp.texi, they shouldn't be internal, as Eli
> indicates.
>
> In a sense, elisp.texi defines our "Emacs Lisp API" to programmers, so
> anything we document there represent a certain level of commitment.

Yeah, think that's true. I made them internal but then when I was
writing the documentation thought perhaps they should be documented.
Deciding what is "end-user" functionality and what is "implementation"
gets a bit hard when you are talking about code of this form.

I'll patch them up and make these two non internal.

Phil