Re: lax matching is not a great default behavior

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: lax matching is not a great default behavior
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 00:09:11 +0000

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>> > If we are afraid users will hate this default, we can turn it off in
>> > v25.1 and consider making it the default later.
>>
>> I think it's often best to make something just available first to get
>> more feedback on it before it's made the default...
>>
> 100% agreed.

I don't mind leaving this OFF by default in Emacs 25. So long as the
eventual goal is to have it ON by default (preferably in 26).

Per Starbäck <address@hidden> writes:
>> That would be good, together with introducing an entry for it in the
>> Options menu directly below (or above?) "Ignore case for search". This
>> deserves to be as visible as that option. Should it be "Ignore accents
>> for search"?

Feel free to bring this up on a separate topic, Per. A more
user-friendly name for this feature is something that's been brought up
before and we're not going to reach anything as a side-note in the