Good job emacs-devel

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Good job emacs-devel
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 12:12:04 -0800

Hello to all on emacs-devel,

I just wanted to write today and say that over the last couple of months, I've
really noticed an improvement in both the tone and focus of this list. People
have been conscientious about changing subject when starting new threads, and
off-topic banter has stayed at a minimum (or flowed appropriately into
emacs-tangents).

So, good job everyone! I'm happy to see us entering 2016 with such a strong
and professional emphasis on getting 25.1 ready.

We have 1,118 members on the list today, and our weekly subscription rate is
still outpacing our un-subscription rate. At one point I had created a Code of
Conduct for this list, but happily it has not been necessary. I think we'll
still likely have one -- as published "list etiquette" upon subscription --
but I'm glad to see no one here stands in need of reading such a document.

Onward to 2016 and 25.1!

John

p.s. For those who use Gnus, I've found a variable that makes subject changes
     turn into new thread roots (i.e., by ignoring the References hierarchy):

       Set `gnus-thread-ignore-subject' to `nil'