Re: Speed of keyboard macro execution?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Speed of keyboard macro execution?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:45:15 -0500

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:36:14 +0100 David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Visual positioning makes no sense without visual feedback.  Can you
> show a single example of a task to be done by a keyboard macro
> where visual positioning would _help_ achieve that task rather than
> sabotage it?

Probably not. This is one reason I turn off visual positioning at all
times -- I use keyboard macros heavily and find that visual
positioning interferes with my workflow. However, this is how keyboard
macros work -- they record what the user would have typed -- and it
would violate expectations for that to change.

Regardless, I think that this isn't going to fix the underlying
performance problems.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden