Re: Casting as wide a net as possible

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Casting as wide a net as possible
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:09:25 -0500

  > Lisp does not have a program syntax.  Its data structures have a fairly
  > primitive read syntax, and you write down your parse trees in that
  > syntax.

  > That's what makes people hate reading Lisp code

We Lispers consider this simple syntax one of Lisp's great strengths.

Of course, there are some who disagree.  But that's not the viewpoint
the Emacs web pages should take.  They should take a _favorable_
stance towards this aspect of Lisp, to encourage others to see the
beauty in it.

People who disagree will have to state their views somewhere else.

--
Dr Richard Stallman