Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:24:55 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 22:03:32 +0000
>
> So, quite a lot of files seem to set generated-autoload-file to
> loaddefs.el which seems a bit odd (since it's the default).

Only in lisp/cedet/, I think.  I'm guessing this is the result of
integrating CEDET.  If you want the details, maybe the CEDET people
and/or Chong (which did most of the work) could tell you the reasons
for that.  I suggest to look at Git logs and maybe ask them Or maybe
Glenn (CC'ed) remembers.

> I am not sure why only reftex.el causes me problems -- why not the
> others, I wonder?

Probably because the range of versions you tried to bisect didn't
touch the others.  It obviously depends on which files whose autoloads
are there are modified by the commits you are bisecting.

> Also, the changed line is actually this...
>
> >> +;;;### (autoloads nil "reftex-auc" "reftex-auc.el"
> >> "7c0e0b46919f4ceefe1026e31e73ebcd")
>
> which is a comment. I don't know what this line does in the autoload
> process.

It's documented in the ELisp manual.  Which parts are unclear?