Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 00:03:27 -0500

  > the new design
  > features the string "free" four times and the only meaningful
  > occurrence (the FSF mission statement) is in the bottom quarter
  > of the page (as is on the current official website).

Thanks for noticing this -- it is an important point.  The Emacs web
site should support free software and the GNU Project very clearly.
It should have items about joining the FSF and subscribing to Free
Software Supporter, like the existing page.

It should also mention that I wrote Emacs to be the editor of the GNU
Operating System, with a link to http://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.

These points should appear near the top of the front page,
because they are high priority for us.

  > That said, I'm astonished that the official Emacs website does
  > not state proudly and prominently

That's correct English -- no errors.

--
Dr Richard Stallman