Re: [ELPA] New package: package-fixes

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: package-fixes
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:42:16 -0500

Hi Artur,

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> I've pushed some code to elpa.git (also below) for a package that should
> fix a rather aggravating bug in package.el. Namely, that changing the
> behaviour of macros (or even just defining new macros) can lead to bad
> compilation issues during upgrades.
> I'll bump its version to 0.1 (thus releasing it) if noone sees any issues.

Did you consider making package.el itself a :core package of GNU ELPA,
and releasing a fixed package-1.0.2 there?  This would avoid the need
for advice, and M-x package-menu-mark-upgrades would flag 1.0.2 as an
upgrade.  However, I'm not sure what would happen if package-1.0.1 tried
to upgrade itself to package-1.0.2.

Thomas