Switch to Automake?

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Switch to Automake?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 14:40:39 +0100

Hi,

In order to improve the maintainability of Emacs and to enforce the
usage of conventions described by GNU Coding Standards, I think it would
be a good idea to use Automake in Emacs build system.

Before starting to work on the conversion, I would like to know if such
change would be accepted.  If yes I would like to request some advices
on how to proceed or comments about any potential issue.

TIA,

--
Mathieu Lirzin