Re: Please add comments to isearch.el

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Please add comments to isearch.el
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:19:51 +0000

On 14 Dec 2015 12:16 am, "Juri Linkov" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ohh, and I'd add also search-default-regexp-mode -> search-default-regexp-function
> that currently causes confusion due to its similarity with isearch-regexp-function.

The thing is that this variable is not necessarily a function, it can be nil or t too. I'd rather reserve the suffix "-function" for variables that necessarily hold a function.

> > I don't see what these have to do with the readability of isearch el, but
> > by all means, feel free to do these.
>
> Maybe better to wait for establishing of regular merges from emacs-25 to
> master, because I'm afraid that renaming character-fold.el to char-fold.el
> now might cause merge conflicts on the first such merge.

As long as no changes have been made to this file on the master branch, there shouldn't be any conflict. But it's probably best to wait.