Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:46:48 +0100

Hi Richard,

>   > the new design
>   > features the string "free" four times and the only meaningful
>   > occurrence (the FSF mission statement) is in the bottom quarter
>   > of the page (as is on the current official website).
>
> Thanks for noticing this -- it is an important point.  The Emacs web
> site should support free software and the GNU Project very clearly.
>
> It should have items about joining the FSF and subscribing to Free
> Software Supporter, like the existing page.

I'm wondering why the new Guile website does not have this?
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/

> It should also mention that I wrote Emacs to be the editor of the GNU
> Operating System, with a link to http://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.
>
> These points should appear near the top of the front page,
> because they are high priority for us.

I will add these elements to the current website, but adding that on the
top of the page would be make it too prominent, as it would take an
important size of the screen, and being a distraction from the focus on
Emacs, it would lessen the impact of the header of the page.

Nico