Re: Documenting NEWS features for 25.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Documenting NEWS features for 25.1
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:11:13 +0200

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 16:06:34 +0530
> From: Shakthi Kannan <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> Eli,
>
> ---
> | *** Strings after `:documentation' are highlighted as docstrings.
> \--
>
> Is there a sample function that demonstrates the above that I can test
> and verify?
>
> (defun test nil
>     "echo Hello, World!"
>   (message "Hello, World"))
>
> Where does :documentation fit in the above example?

I don't know, sorry.

Some NEWS entries turn out to be small research projects.  What I
usually do is use "git annotate" on NEWS to find what commit added the
entry, then look at the commit itself, and if necessary also at
discussions or bug reports it points to (or any related discussions on
the 2 mailing lists around the date of the commit).

If none of this gets you the answer, I guess contacting the author of
the commit is yet another way to find out.

Thanks.