Re: Status of multicolor fonts?

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Status of multicolor fonts?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 23:32:36 +0800

On 16 December 2015 at 22:37, Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Clément Pit--Claudel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Multicolor fonts seem to be becoming popular, especially for representing Emoji.

Oh what the world is coming to. Whatever next, animated fonts?

I hear you, and agree with you. But as a developer of a chat application (like Slack, but free) which also has an Emacs client, colour fonts in Emacs would be appreciated.

What I'm trying to say is that the state of fonts is what it is, and Emacs should support it for those who wants it.

That said, since I have yet to actually contributed to Emacs core, take this post for what it is, just a data point from someone who would see immediate benefit from it.

Regards,
Elias