Re: Status of multicolor fonts?

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: Status of multicolor fonts?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 11:00:18 -0500

On 12/16/2015 09:37 AM, Yuri Khan wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Clément Pit--Claudel
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Multicolor fonts seem to be becoming popular, especially for representing
>> Emoji.
>
> Oh what the world is coming to. Whatever next, animated fonts?

Emacs already has support for displaying images inline, and there exists Emacs
packages for replacing certain Unicode characters with images automatically
(thus emulating support for Emoji fonts). From there, it doesn't seem much of a
stretch to discuss direct support for Emoji fonts in Emacs.

In my case, they would make status flags in mu4e much more readable. But of
course I can use inline images for the same purpose.

Clément.