Re: HowTo: Run a hook when a buffer becomes "current"

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: HowTo: Run a hook when a buffer becomes "current"
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 19:13:07 +0100

On 2015-12-18, at 18:06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> raman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>> Re installing emms playlists as soundscapes -- I dont see why not --
>> take a look at the code -- should be easy to do.
>>
>> One reason I eventually landed on randomly repeating nature sounds: With
>> music playlists, streaming radio etc -- the media that is playing
>> changes  without being in lock-step with what you're doing.
>>
>> My intuition (completely unproven at this point) is that such switches
>> were actually preventing me from focusing fully on my current
>> activity -- and where I was fully focused, the change in music as the
>> result of one track ending and another starting actually took my focus
>> away.
>
> Well, I'm a musician in some reasonable sense of the word.  Any music is
> distracting me from programming.  And the better, the worse.

Interesting.

My subjective feeling is that some music distracts me more: namely,
vocal more than instrumental, and unknown more than known.

I also did some measurements (a long time ago), and it turned out that
music and learning did not go well together.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University