Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 12:41:35 +0000

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/18/2015 08:39 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
>> Somewhat disappointed, but obviously I'm in a minority.
>> Anyway, it doesn't build. Did you test it?
>
> Yes, I suggest reverting the change from master until it's tested and known to
> work from a fresh checkout.
>
> Here are a couple of other comments. That's not the right way to declare
> autoloads-force to be phony. Also, there shouldn't need to be an
> autoloads-force at all: if some other files need to be built they should be
> listed as dependencies of autoload.

Has anyone got any idea what might be causing this error on hydra?

building calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
  GEN      calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
building calendar/diary-loaddefs.el
  GEN      calendar/diary-loaddefs.el
cal-julian.el:0:0: error: end-of-file: nil
make[3]: *** [calendar/diary-loaddefs.el] Error 255

I can't reproduce it locally from a clean checkout. At the moment, the
only way I can test this is by leaving the broken code on master and
waiting 24 hours for a hydra build. Is there a better mechanism?

Phil