Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 13:37:03 -0500

Phillip Lord wrote:

> Has anyone got any idea what might be causing this error on hydra?
>
> building calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
>   GEN      calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
> building calendar/diary-loaddefs.el
>   GEN      calendar/diary-loaddefs.el
> cal-julian.el:0:0: error: end-of-file: nil
> make[3]: *** [calendar/diary-loaddefs.el] Error 255

I've seen that issue twice in my own (non-parallel) daily builds (on Dec
4 and 5). I don't know what causes it. It was occurring before your
change too. But perhaps something has made it happen more frequently,
since it just happened twice in a row on hydra. There must be some bug
somewhere in autoload-generate-file-autoloads. Maybe add some debugging
code so we can see what happens.

> only way I can test this is by leaving the broken code on master and
> waiting 24 hours for a hydra build.

hydra builds aren't daily, they are whenever the system has capacity.
It checks for new commits every 5 mins (IIUC) and if there are changes
it does a build. But it is often overloaded.