Emacs touch interface

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Emacs touch interface
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 23:43:43 +0100

Hm.  Did I ask about this before?  I think I may have, but I can't find
it now...

Have anybody made a command set for touch gestures for Emacs?  The only
thing I could find was this old, apparently abandoned project:

https://github.com/dto/emacs-gestures

There's strokes-mode, which is in the same neck of the woods, but is
more of a framework for creating commands from mouse strokes, which is
kinda a bit different.

I think a basic touch screen minor mode would be handy for some newer
laptops.  Like, "pull down" to scroll a page, and "swipe right" to enter
a directory, and...  stuff...

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to figure out how to use a
Surface Pro as a music playing machine without having a keyboard.  I've
got an Emacs-based music player, of course, and I can use the on-screen
keyboard for "complicated" things (like searching for a specific
artist), but it seems to me like there should be a common (but
extensible) set of swipe-based commands for Emacs...