Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:29:35 -0500

Phillip Lord wrote:

>> What's special about dired here?
>
> I'm working on the assumption that the problems I had with dired.el have
> been fixed and where a straight-forward bootstrap problem.

I don't know what that means.

>> Ie, could the same thing happen with other files?
>
> What is special is that the diary (and all the calendar) files have four

My question was about dired. Why does dired need special handling?

> I don't know enough about calendar to know why it needs such a complex
> set of autoloads, although I do wonder whether it still does.

Nothing has changed, so yes it does. It's worked fine for years.
Though when I tried to say this earlier in this discussion, I didn't succeed.

> I guess the best I can do at the moment is change
>
> EMACSOPT = -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp

> EMACSOPT = -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --debug

No, just make the autoload-generate-file-autoloads condition-case handler
print some debug info when it encounters end-of-file error.

> Is it possible to get hydra to build another branch (called test or
> something)? In the ideal world, I'd rather not do this sort of mucking
> around on master.

hydra isn't a good fit for this kind of testing.

> And, in an entirely unrelated question, why is that "-batch" and not
> "--batch"?

They are equivalent.