Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:55:26 +0000

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Phillip Lord wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to replicate the build environment on hydra locally?
>
> Sure, click the "Actions", "Reproduce locally" on
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/29216857

I've tried this, but get...

Note: checking out 'f2bdf674b79297888f949130cb829e249c2a33f4'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at f2bdf67... audiofile: fix CVE-2015-7747
/dev/fd/63: input ‘tarball’ has unsupported type ‘build’

> But there's nothing special about hydra.
>
> IMO this is a Heisenbug that just happened to appear on hydra twice in a
> row. We'll see at next evaluation! :)

If as you say, hydra only builds on changes, this isn't going to happen
unless we change master, and almost no one is at the moment.

I tried cherry-picking my undo fixes across to a local copy of master
the other day, and this seemed to prevent a build crash on windows.
Unfortunately, I can't check this now as I am separated from that
machine till New Year.

Short on good ideas. All I can think of is:

1) Add a new job to hydra building a "test" branch forked from master.
2) Save the modifications I made to another branch, revert them on
master, and merge them again later (I guess this would work). 3) Add
debugging code to autoloads and commit to master. 4) Do nothing, leaving
master broken on hydra, and wait till emacs-25 fixes get merged, and see
if that fixes it (which it will if Martin is correct).

Phil