Re: emacs-25 build broken?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: emacs-25 build broken?
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 01:07:57 +0100

Ok. I tried the build also on GNU/Linux (Mint 17.3), a GTK build with clang, and current 25 branch fails to build in the same manner I described in this thread. So the issue is not MSYS2/MINGW64 specific.

So I tried a sort of "binary" search to find when the build was broken..

I tried with this source:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-781770b4dcfe44b255e94e16479fd14633803640.tar.gz

from this commit:

Tom Tromey: Fix bug #18588 by making bug-reference-bug-regexp more lenient

and it builds fine!

Thentried the next commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-09053075225fec8a6cf7a72017a6dfc1ec6b6f0c.tar.gz

Anders Lindgren: File-name completion of non-ASCII characters on OS X (bug#22169)

and it failed as described...

Definitively Emacs-25 branch is broken, at leas on MSYS2/MinGW64 and GNU/Linux Mint 17.3

But.. have you tried to build in a virgin source tree? For example with a tarball from http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot or in a just git cloned repo:

git clone -b emacs-25 git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git

?

  Angelo