Re: emacs-25 build broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-25 build broken?
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:01:16 +0200

> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 10:06:00 +0100
> From: Anders Lindgren <address@hidden>
> Cc: Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>,
>       Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
>
> The commit has been reverted. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks, Anders.

For the future, there's no need to revert a commit, unless it's clear
that there's a bug in the commit itself.  In your case, the commit is
correct and bug-free, and it fixes a real problem.  In such cases, the
way to fix any fallout is to find the new problem exposed by the
commit and fix that new problem.  If people are annoyed by the
temporary breakage of the branch, they can always reset their HEAD to
a prior commit, until the problem is fixed.  They can even try
debugging the new problem and fixing it ;-)

Anyway, I found the reason for these weird messages.  It was a subtle
issue with the code in ucs-normalize.el that was always there, and was
simply exposed by promoting it to be compiled by bootstrap-emacs
earlier in the bootstrap process.

So please revert the revert, and I will follow up with the changes
that fix the broken bootstrap.

Thanks.