Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 09:17:52 -0800

> Neither you nor Paul have addressed any of the alternatives to this
> longjmp-from-anywhere behavior. You have not addressed the point that Emacs
> can crash fatally in numerous ways having nothing to do with stack overflow.
> You have not addressed the point that we already have robust stack overflow
> protection at the Lisp level, and so don't need additional workarounds at
> the C level. You have not even provided any evidence that C-level stack
> overflow is a problem worth solving.

Would someone be willing to summarize where we're at at this point with this
discussion? It has been long and large enough that I'm no longer clear on
exactly what it is that we do and don't want, and why. Just a summary of our
major alternatives at this point, and the most significant points for and
against each would be great.

Thanks,