Re: EWW debug facilities?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: EWW debug facilities?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 19:01:02 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 17:42:07 +0100
>
> > Perhaps I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any debug
> > or log facilities in eww.el.  When something goes wrong, it's useful
> > to see a detailed log of the URLs EWW tried to fetch, including the
> > results, and perhaps also the related logs from the url*.el APIs it
> > invokes.  That should allow finding the offending code, which can then
> > be debugged by traditional means.
>
> I have a feeling that you think eww is way more complicated than it is.
> :-) eww fetches a single HTML page, renders it, and then fetches any
> images the HTML may have included.

E.g., how would one go about finding out why bug#22234 happens?  What
does it try to fetch?

> The HTML can be viewed with the `v' command, and the URL it fetched you
> already know.

I know about 'v', but it doesn't help when I get a blank page ;-)

How do I know what URL it fetched when I type RET or click on a link?
The link doesn't have to be a simple URL reference, it could be very
complex, and involve multiple redirections.