Re: EWW bugs should be fixed on emacs-25 branch

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: EWW bugs should be fixed on emacs-25 branch
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 00:18:48 +0100

John Wiegley writes:

>> How about taking a look at the code (it's only 500-odd lines)? Maybe also
>> try it -- e.g., merge emacs-25 with master in your sandbox, just to see how
>> it feels. I think that will provide a much better answer than I could ever
>> hope to give.
>
> I did read it, but I will have to give it a try.

gitmerge.el will detect cherry-picks through the cherry-mark. However,
since git is the C++ of version control, this works only 99% of the
time. It does not work when the cherry-pick could not be applied
cleanly, since then the patch-id changes. It also does not work when the
same commit is also merged later (see the beginning of the emacs-25
branch for an example, where first a bunch of commits was cherry-picked
and later 'master' was also merged).

-David