Re: 4K Bugs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 12:29:32 +0200

> From: Andreas Röhler <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 09:07:22 +0100
> Cc: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
>
> IMHO trying to fix these old bugs is not the best way to spend time.
> Many things might have changed since - dealing with this changes resp.
> their effects makes any reasoning complex.

But we should try doing that anyway.

> What about getting bugs deleted when not dealt with after some time -
> while informing the author?

That's be losing information for no good reason.  Every bug report
provides information about the bug, sometimes the information is very
valuable, sometimes less so.  We shouldn't lose that information so
easily.  It hurts no one to have an old bug in the database.

> So the author may renew it.

The author may no longer be available, or care.