Re: 4K Bugs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 17:41:35 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the balance still tips towards retaining the information.  We
> can always treat old bugs as "logically deleted", if it bothers
> someone.

Well, the bug reports are still there, even if they're closed.  :-)  It's
just part of the ranking, in a way, and says something about how hard we
think (as maintainers) that we (as maintainers) should be looking at the
bug reports.

>From "critical" ("LOOK AT THIS!!!") via "wishlist" ("if you have the
time...") to "closed" ("I think it's rather likely that this isn't
interesting").

By putting bug reports in the last category more aggressively, one hopes
to stimulate people to focus on the rest of the reports...

I don't know how well this works for projects that auto-close bug
reports.  Anybody have experience with that?