Re: 4K Bugs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 18:48:49 +0100

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> One option is to tag all open bugs as "moreinfo" after a new release,
> while sending email to the bug reporters to check whether "moreinfo"
> the bugs are still applicable in the new release. We can then remove
> the "moreinfo" tag for bugs that are later reported to still be
> relevant. This would require some discipline on our part, of course.

Yup...  I'm almost done with the "moreinfo" triage, and there's a
significant number of bugs that have been marked as "moreinfo", and then
more info is given, but the flag hasn't been removed.  (Which I've now
done in those cases.)

Handling bugs is, like, work.  :-)  Perhaps the FSF could hire a
full-time bug herder?