Re: 4K Bugs

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 10:44:22 +0100

On 27.12.2015 23:41, Per Starbäck wrote:
I don't know how well this works for projects that auto-close bug
reports.  Anybody have experience with that?
Closing bug reports tends to annoy their reporters.
Not only them, but anyone who is interested in that bug.

Example: I've used Fedora which used that system, and I don't know how
many times I've searched for a bug that I have encountered in it to
see that it has been reported, closed because of new Fedora version,
reported again in that version, closed when there is a new Fedora
version, reported again, etc.
Then I don't bother to report it again in the current version, because
it is probably pointless. Of course those bugs wouldn't automatically
have been fixed if the reports weren't closed all the time, but then
there would at least be somewhere I could make a comment about the bug
still being present in the latest version, without feeling like I'm
just writing for the garbage bin.

With the proposed proceeding you would receive an alert when closing-by-release.

Sending an email with "reopen BUGNUMBER resp. "unarchive BUGNUMBER" in body should be sufficient.