Re: 4K Bugs

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:15:54 -0800

> Handling bugs is, like, work. :-) Perhaps the FSF could hire a full-time bug
> herder?

A bug herder is the most significant piece of the Emacs Project Puzzle that is
missing, in my opinion. Eli and others (and recently Lars especially) have
made heroic efforts, but this also distracts from their primary development
work.

If we could find 2-3 people dedicated to combing through, and responding to
bugs -- even just to get them ready for more serious investigation by a core
developer -- it would help this project greatly.

It's hard to see an open bug count of 4k+ and not give up a little bit in
one's heart. And yet, I have a feeling our _true_ bugload is much smaller, if
we winnow the chaff.