Re: progmodes/project.el and search paths

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: progmodes/project.el and search paths
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 04:00:37 +0200

Hi Eric,

On 08/05/2015 04:29 AM, Eric Ludlam wrote:

The attached is my experience of things I either needed in EDE's base
classes to implement a project, or that some tool needed, and what I
learned along the way.  You might think it is too EDE specific, but I
put in only the most basic stuff, and put in things I kind of wish I had
time to add to EDE.

I've put a list of TODO items into project.el. It's less ambitious than your list, but hopefully it covers the essentials that we (together with the community) will be able to consistently implement across the board.

I have omitted certain useful things like "jump from 'include' statement in C++ to the file" and "navigating between code and doc" because they seem to require separate (though related) facilities that we're yet to design.