Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 18:40:29 +0900

> On Dec 29, 2015, at 15:47, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> many friends
>> of mine who were long-time GNU/Linux users work on OS X today, me
>> included
>
> Thus our stance is that a person who moves from GNU/Linux to MacOS is
> being self-destructively foolish.  We take this seriously and we must
> speak and act in accord with it.  This way, we can influence some
> people.

My personal opinion is that people do not switch to MacOS but rather to Apple
machines which are typically better built than standard Intel based machines.
It is the robustness of the hardware that appeals to most users, not the OS.

To have more people switch to a GNU/Linux system, you would have to find a
maker that builds high quality machines for a price similar to what Apple
offers (which is in all likeliness not possible) and offers similar flawless
integration between the OS and the machine (which is possible).

Jean-Christophe Helary