xscheme minibuffer bug

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: xscheme minibuffer bug
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:34:36 +0100

Hi,

I use mit-scheme 9.2 with the scheme-mode provided by xscheme in Emacs
24.5.1. I've noticed that there is a problem with the minibuffer. Here
a trivial example:

1. Load 'xscheme' with "(require 'xscheme)" and run the scheme
interpreter with 'run-scheme'.

2. Make a mistake to enter the debugger, say '(+ 1 b)' with 'b' not defined.

3. Tell the debugger you want to define 'b' by entering '(restart 3)'.

4. Now the prompt asks for 'Value to use instead of b:'. The problem
is that if you type a number and press enter it doesn't accept the
input and asks again.

This behavior is controlled by this function:

(defun xscheme-prompt-for-expression-exit ()
  (interactive)
  (if (eq (xscheme-region-expression-p (point-min) (point-max)) 'one)
      (exit-minibuffer)
      (error "input must be a single, complete expression")))

I get the correct behavior if I replace '(point-min)' with
'(minibuffer-prompt-end)'. However, the behavior is only correct if I
load the non-compiled '.el' file. If I byte-compile the file I still
get the problem described above. Any advice on what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Fede