Re: Emacs Mac port

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 14:26:10 +0800

*On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 01:09:38 -0500
* Also sprach Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:

> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[
> foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
>
>   > I bet if Emacs is only targeted to run on, say, 1Ghz+ 4-core+ CPU
>   > with 4G+ memory hardware, it will be entirely different beast.
>   > Found bugs in Emacs 23? 22? Man, I am sorry, but we only do Emacs
>   > 25. So suit yourself or shoot yourself.
>
> I am not sure what you mean -- it is like a Chinese poem, leading to a
> long discussion about the meaning.
>
> Could you say what you think we should do, and why?

What I mean is GNU/Linux world carries heavy burden and has to acccomodate
oceans of hardwares spanning decades. So it's not proper and fair to
compare GNU/Linux with MacOS since Mac(OS) is a self-contained ecosystem
and distates hardware - generally after several major releases (like two
or three) you have to ditch your computer and buy a latest one to use
latest OS.

Just arguing with OP. I didn't suggest anything.