Re: Adding async package to GNU ELPA

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Adding async package to GNU ELPA
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:02:30 +0100

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> See the README file in elpa.git. I've pasted the file below for your
> convenience.
> The "External branches" section explains how to use subtrees or a
> separate branch.

Thanks. I've added async as subtree package, as explained. When
compiling, I get the following error:

~/src/elpa> make
Generating autoloads for packages/async/async-autoloads.el
Missing ‘version’ header
GNUmakefile:132: recipe for target 'packages/async/async-autoloads.el' failed
make: *** [packages/async/async-autoloads.el] Error 255

The async package has an own async-pkg.el. But this doesn't seem to be
taken into account; instead a ;;; Version: header in async.el seems to
be needed. I could fix it, but I don't want to touch the inherited
files. What else could I do?

Best regards, Michael.