Re: [ELPA] New package: loccur

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: loccur
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:20:32 -0800

> What about "Packages which core does not depend on go into ELPA."? :-)

I have a feeling some core packages will decide to depend on async. I can see
Gnus and smtpmail and dired and several others using it, as they already do in
extension modules for those packages out on the Web.

However, until the dependency actually exists in Emacs core, I'd be fine with
it being in ELPA. It should properly go into ELPA until the day when the rest
of core needs it not to be.