Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 12:43:06 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> No objections from me (I'm currently doing the same for CEDET, for
> pretty much the same reasons), but just to clarify: this means that we
> only care about the current Emacs version and do not do separate
> releases anymore? I'm mostly worried about how this will affect the
> T-shirt release process.

Tramp will also remove the XEmacs compat code (and the compat code for
Emacs 22, to be precise). But the development will still be outside
Emacs, in order to support older Emacsen but master, and in order to
release more frequently than Emacs. One idea is to add Tramp also to
ELPA, as subtree. People could get than a newer version of Tramp than
the built-in.

This decision is not T-shirt driven, I fear the market for Tramp
T-shirts is much too small.

> -David

Best regards, Michael.