Re: ASCII-only startup message?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: ASCII-only startup message?
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:29:17 +0100

On 2015-12-29, at 18:30, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...] Emacs has been lagging behind.

I don't want to revive the old, old, old thread.  Personally, I don't
care too much, provided I can isearch for them.  (Though I did prefer
ASCII quotes slightly.)  I also think that the amount of time and effort
wasted was horrible.  But this does not belong here and now.

I only want to point out that an argument like "___ has been lagging
behind" is so lousy that it's not even an argument.  History knows quite
a bunch of situations when apparent "progress" was something so
abhorrent that those who were "lagging behind" are the only ones that do
not need to be ashamed.

Best wishes for 2016,

--
Marcin Borkowski